Spring Season 2017
The Aztec Warriors Spring Season will begin in March 2017. The team(s) will compete in the San Diego Sol B/C League. The San Diego Sol Spring League is an 8 game season (with playoffs) and runs from March 25-June 12. Use the "Contact Us" link for more information. Practices will be held once a week, and games are on weekends only during the spring season.
Spring Season 2017 Info/Payments
The cost for new players is $165 for the Spring Season 2017 which includes a custom uniform (reversible jersey and shorts with choice of number and last printed on the back). There is a $25 sibling discount per player. You can pay by check (payable to Todd Hintz or PC Hintz) or use the appropriate "Buy Now" link to the right. Please send your check to: Aztec Warriors c/o PC Hintz, PO Box 1173, Poway, CA 92074.
SportCenter at Alliant
10455 Pomerado Road
San Diego, CA 92131
Aztec Warrior teams participate in various club leagues around San Diego county. These leagues typically consist of an 8-10 game season with a postseason schedule for the top teams in the division. Many leagues have an A, B, and C division for each grade level. Depending on the talent level of each team, a determination will be made by the coaching staff which division the team will compete in. In some situations when enrollment is high, we may opt to have more than one team in a given grade level each playing in a different division (eg. Aztec Warrior B & Aztec Warrior C). Other than summer leagues, games will almost always be played on weekends.
- 18 minutes running halves with stop clock on freethrows. Stop clock the last two minutes of game only if score differential is less than 15 points
- Four full timeouts during the game with no carryover into overtime
- Three minute overtime with stop clock during the last minute
- One timeout per each overtime
- Five second count for closely guarded on dead ball (girls) and closely guarded while dribbling (boys)
- 10 second court violation
- No 1 and 1 foul shots after 7 team fouls
- Player shoots two freethrows on and after 10th team foul each half
- Leading team cannot press when the lead is 20 or more points
- 2 technical fouls in a game will result in ejection for players and coaches plus suspension from the next game
- Minimum of 3 minute warm for pre-game and halftime
- Maximum of 2 coaches allowed on the bench
- California Interscholastic Federation (CIF rules apply) unless otherwise noted
- Boys 5th grade and above are playing with a regulation size ball
- Admission is $4 per person. Players in uniform, two coaches per team and children under 10 years old are admitted free